Wk 2- Art Activity- Landscapes with a Corpse

   I don't know what it is like for guys other other girls, but getting ready in the morning is very relaxing to me. It's probably one of my favorite things to do during the day. Its 30 minutes to an hour of relaxation. I love putting on makeup even though I'm not very good at it and I love straightening my hair. My boyfriend always wonders why I take so long to get ready. This is why. What better way to "pass away" than passing away while doing something you love. This is why I wanted to create this scene. The scene I tried to create is of me dropping dead while getting ready in the morning. This is why I am still in my pajamas with no make up on. I also wanted to create a scene that took place in my house because I am a homebody. Nothing makes me happier than being at home and relaxing.

   In the zoom out picture, you can see that I am in my restroom with all of my make up supplies on the counter. My computer is also on the counter because I like to watch youtube videos or listen to podcasts while getting ready. This pictures shows that I "dropped dead" while getting ready for the day. Maybe I had a heart attack or by a ruptured aneurysm. In the close-up, you can see all of my make up brushes on the floor and my hair straightener on the floor. You can see that my glasses are displaced. It shows that I died while doing something that makes me happy, which is doing my make up and hair. 
   I personally think that it is inappropriate to think about death in a college class. To clarify, I think that it is inappropriate to think or talk about death in a college class because it might trigger some students who are going through depression. I personally know a few people who are going through depression, so this is why I personally don't think it's appropriate to do a project on death, even if the death is natural and not self caused. 
   I thought creating this was very awkward. I quickly grabbed my brother before he left for his friend's house to take the pictures for me. I know for a fact that he thought I was crazy even though I explained to him that it was for an art project. I think I was successful. I wanted it to look like I was in the middle of doing my make up, so I knocked over my make up brush holder and make up bag, and I also threw some of my make up on the floor. If I were to do this differently, I think I would've chose a bigger place to do this. My bathroom is pretty small and it was hard to get the picture that I wanted. I wanted to get a view of the sink and the full counter because it would show all of my make up scattered across it. It was impossible though. I had my brother stand on the counter to take this picture and he wasn't able to get the entire counter. I also should've prepped better because I had such a hard time keeping a straight face. Overall, it was interesting to see what it would've looked like if I actually did pass out and died on the bathroom floor. It was odd, but interesting. 

Comments

  1. Nice work Mandy. Even though you thought it was an inappropriate project, you did a great job, took beautiful pictures, and wrote a sensitive essay. TY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts